Mechanic's Liens and Foreclosure in Chicago
Contractors and subcontractors who have filed liens against property are generally made parties to a mortgage foreclosure, and Illinois law establishes a scheme for disbursement of funds from the foreclosure sale. Broadly speaking, the law allows for the disbursement of funds to various creditors in order of priority. When multiple liens or encumbrances have been filed against the property, disputes can sometimes arise.
At Atlas Consumer Law, we help our clients resolve these disputes quickly and effectively. Located in the Chicago area, a significant portion of our practice focuses on defending mechanic's liens on property. We take forceful action on our clients' behalf, helping them to protect their financial interests.
- Atlas Consumer Law offers a broad range of services related to mechanic's liens and foreclosure, including the services listed below:
- Filing liens in compliance with the Mechanics Lien Act (770 ILCS 60)
- Resolving disputes between material providers, including contractors and subcontractors
- Defending mechanic's liens filed against property
- Managing lien-related litigation/mechanic's lien lawsuits
- Handling foreclosure filings involving mechanic's liens
Our lawyers are dedicated to protecting the interests of individuals and businesses throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Nationally recognized as leaders in foreclosure and related financial and legal matters, we provide experienced counsel regarding mechanic's liens. Our attorneys will discuss the law with you, give you advice about ways to proceed and take effective action on your behalf. You may be surprised to discover that the law is on your side. We can make it work for you.
Are you facing problems related to a mechanic's lien in Chicago? Contact us today online or by telephone at (312) 313-1613 to speak with an experienced Chicago foreclosure defense attorney.