Chicago Employment Law Attorney
Ready to Protect the Rights & Best Interests of Employees
The average person in the United States spends a significant part of their lives at work. Employees depend on their jobs to support themselves and their families. Unfortunately, many employees experience a difficult or even toxic workplace environment that can be mentally, physically, or even financially draining – while their employers either do nothing or continue committing such wrongful actions.
If you believe your employment rights have been violated in Chicago, our legal team at Atlas Consumer Law represent employees dealing with a wide range of legal issues. We can thoroughly examine your case, listen to your questions and concerns, and determine all your legal options to obtain the most favorable outcome inside or outside the courtroom.
How Our Firm Can Help
Our Chicago employment lawyers at Atlas Consumer Law represent employees facing a variety of employment disputes. We know that both private and public employers have ample resources to try to intimidate employees and prevent them from asserting their rights, which is why we are ready to protect their rights and best interests throughout the legal process.
Our firm handles the following types of employment law cases:
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is a federal agency responsible for enforcing laws that prohibit workplace discrimination based on factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetic information. The EEOC investigates claims of discrimination, provides guidance to employers and employees on their rights and responsibilities, and litigates cases on behalf of victims of discrimination. The agency plays a critical role in promoting equal employment opportunities and fostering inclusive workplaces across the United States.
- Discrimination – Both state and federal employment law prohibits employers from discriminating against employees based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion. Discrimination involves normal job functions (e.g., hiring, firing, and overall work environment) that are performed in a discriminatory manner.
- Sexual harassment – It is against the law to harass an employee or applicant because of that individual’s gender. Common examples of sexual harassment include requests for sexual favors, unwanted sexual advances, and other physical or verbal harassment in a sexual nature.
- Retaliation – Workplace retaliation occurs when an employer punishes an employee for performing a legally protected activity. Common examples of retaliation include discipline, salary reduction, job or shift reassignment, demotion, firing, or any other negative job action.
- Overtime and unpaid wages – Under state and federal law, employers must pay employees overtime pay if they work over a certain number of hours. If an employer fails to fairly pay a work for their earned wages, the employer can be held liable for its actions.
- Disability and reasonable accommodation – Many employers must provide reasonable accommodation for employees with mental or physical disabilities to perform essential functions of their work duties. Common examples of reasonable accommodation include changing work schedules, changing job duties, providing electronic or mechanical aid, providing leave for medical care, or relocating the work area.
- Severance agreements – Illinois employers must pay fired or laid-off workers on their last day of employment. A severance agreement is a type of contract that an employer may ask an employee to sign when they are fired from the job. In exchange, the employee agrees to not compete with an employer after the employment time period ends.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
No matter what type of employment matter you face, let our firm guide you through the complexities of the legal process and fight for you every step of the way. Do not hesitate to speak with our legal team, so we can get started on your case immediately.
I had absolutely NO exceptions going forward with my lawsuit against a company that harassed me for payment! I was at the ...- Pam S.
Everyone at Atlas was so willing to help and so responsive. I'm so grateful for the work they put in on my case! Would highly ...- Stephanie M.
THEY GOT RESULTS FAST FAST FAST!!!- Jake B.
Atlas consumer Law is amazing and they have the CAN DO attitude and will do anything to get the job done.. I highly recommend ...- Donnie P.
The Atlas Consumer Law Group is Awesome. They promptly took care of my issue with a creditor who tried to ignore my rights as ...- Belinda W.
I am absolutely AMAZED at this law group! I started a case in March and got it solved in early May! The debt collector was ...- Aline G.
Atlas helped us within 6 months more or less and they were an awesome team. I would definitely recommend Atlas Consumer Law ...- Llyod G.
When you need the law on you side call Atlas!- Arlene B.