The Truth in Lending Act: Regulation Z
Consult with a Trusted Illinois Loan Modification Lawyer Today!
Mortgage servicing requirements under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) have undergone some major changes in favor of the consumer. On January 10, 2014, the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) enacted amendments to TILA’s Regulation Z, setting higher standards for the behavior of mortgage loan servicers and imposing strict timelines for handling things like loan modifications, short sales, and deeds in lieu of foreclosures.
Now, consumers have the ability to bring claims against their servicer for unethical conduct that they previously did not have in the days when dual tracking, routine overcharges, and costly delays in payment application and approvals were common occurrences.
- If the following applies to you, contact Atlas Consumer Law about filing a claim under TILA - (312) 313-1613
- Your mortgage loan servicer failed to provide correct information on monthly statements, or your servicer failed to send any statements at all.
- Your mortgage loan servicer failed to apply payments on the same day they received them.
- Your mortgage loan servicer applied payment to fees or corporate advances before principal interest taxes and insurance were made up-to-date.
- Your mortgage loan servicer failed to provide the name of owner, master servicer and servicer within 10 business days of the date of receipt of written prequest, payoff or reinstatement figures within seven business days of receipt of written request.
You Have a Right to Legal Action!
Our team of Illinois loan modification attorneys are prepared to speak with you about your case during an initial consultation to determine your best course of action against your lender. If you suspect that your lender has engaged in practices prohibited by Regulation Z, the time is now to consult with our firm. We may be able to protect your home from foreclosure or help you obtain a refund for overpayments caused by your lender’s untimeliness or miscalculations.
- Request a free consult at (312) 313-1613 if any of the following applies to you:
- You have recently filed for bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure and had a pending application for loss mitigation
- Your loan modification is not recognized by your new mortgage loan servicer
- You have notices excessive escrow deficiencies (i.e. overcharges)
- You have forced placed or lender based insurance
- You have had trial loan modifications lasting beyond three months
- Your loan modification has not been honored by a loan servicer or successor servicer
- You have had a contract to sell your home via a short sale, but your servicer failed to approve it within 30 days of your application, costing you the sale
Our experienced loan modification attorneys are ready to provide guidance. Do not hesitate to contact Atlas Consumer Law today!
- Regulations X and Z Impose Stricter Rules for Mortgage Loan Servicers
- Regulation X
- Loan Modification
- Short Sale
At Atlas Consumer Law, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
I had absolutely NO exceptions going forward with my lawsuit against a company that harassed me for payment! I was at the ...- Pam S.
Everyone at Atlas was so willing to help and so responsive. I'm so grateful for the work they put in on my case! Would highly ...- Stephanie M.
THEY GOT RESULTS FAST FAST FAST!!!- Jake B.
Atlas consumer Law is amazing and they have the CAN DO attitude and will do anything to get the job done.. I highly recommend ...- Donnie P.
The Atlas Consumer Law Group is Awesome. They promptly took care of my issue with a creditor who tried to ignore my rights as ...- Belinda W.
I am absolutely AMAZED at this law group! I started a case in March and got it solved in early May! The debt collector was ...- Aline G.
Atlas helped us within 6 months more or less and they were an awesome team. I would definitely recommend Atlas Consumer Law ...- Llyod G.
When you need the law on you side call Atlas!- Arlene B.