Bankruptcy Attorneys in Chicago, IL
Don’t Let Debt Control Your Life – Call (312) 313-1613
At Atlas Consumer Law, many of our clients are surprised when they discover that filing for bankruptcy is one of the most effective ways of wiping their slate clean and starting over financially. We believe this is due to the negative stigma attached to this form of debt relief. Filing for bankruptcy can not only cancel your debts, but it can also help you avoid foreclosure. If you are interested in filing for bankruptcy, we can guide you through the entire process.
- We can help you file for the following kinds of bankruptcies:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Chapter 20 bankruptcy
Our Chicago bankruptcy lawyers can determine what kind bankruptcy would be best for you and determine if you are eligible before moving forward. We will handle all the required paperwork and remain at your side during creditor meetings. Our aggressive negotiation skills can prove to be essential to the success of your bankruptcy case. Our firm's leading lawyer has a 10.0 "Superb" rating on Avvo and has been included on the Illinois Super Lawyers® list!
Are you ready to begin the process of filing for bankruptcy? Contact Atlas Consumer Law for help!
Understanding the Basics of the Bankruptcy Process
Do you have questions about the bankruptcy process? The complexity of the process can keep many people away, but an attorney can make things clearer. At Atlas Consumer Law, we can answer any questions you may have about the bankruptcy process. If bankruptcy is not right for you, we can also help you explore other debt relief options.
- File your bankruptcy petition: Once your case has been filed with the court, an automatic stay will go into effect. This is a legal junction that protects you from creditor harassment, foreclosure, and wage garnishment.
- The 341 creditors meeting: About 20-40 days after filing, you will attend a 341 meeting with your bankruptcy trustee. This is also known as a “creditors meeting” because your creditors will be invited to come.
- Chapter 7 debt discharge: If you have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can expect to receive a discharge of debts within two months of filing—which means that you are no longer obligated to repay these debts.
- Chapter 13 repayment plan: If you have filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you would establish a payment plan with your trustee. This payment plan must be executed over the next three to five years, depending on the case.
While this process may seem overwhelming, our Chicago bankruptcy attorneys are here to make it as simple and straightforward as possible for our clients. We will handle every aspect of your case, from preparing for the initial filing to giving you legal advice on life after bankruptcy, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with our firm today.
Protecting Your Rights During Bankruptcy and Beyond
When handling bankruptcies, most law firms wish their clients good luck and exit the scene as soon as their bankruptcy has been finalized. This is not the case at our firm. We have created our "Protect The Discharge" program in order to make sure that your rights are protected. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, consumers are protected from creditor harassment after a debt discharge. We can take legal action in order to seek justice on your behalf.
Call Atlas Consumer Law to Get Started on Your Case
At Atlas Consumer Law, we believe that being informed and educated is empowering. When you work with our firm, we will equip you with a comprehensive understanding of the various options at your disposal. Your financial stability and well-being are our top priority.
Contact our bankruptcy lawyers in Chicago for more information! Schedule your initial consultation to learn more about the benefits of filing for bankruptcy.