Is This You?
Debt Settlement & Consolidation
- What Is Debt Settlement and How Do I Know It Is Not a Rip Off?
- Why Do Debt Settlement Programs Have Unpredictable Outcomes?
- What Is a Debt Consolidation
- Why is Debt Consolidation Not an Optimal Strategy for Debt?
- How Does a Constructive Contract Claim Work?
Mortgages & Promissory Notes
- What Is the Difference Between a Mortgage and a Promissory Note?
- How a Mortgage Differs from a Promissory Note
Mortgage Lien vs. Judgement Lien
Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure
- What Is a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure Under Illinois Law?
- How Does a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure Work?
- What is a Consent Foreclosure under the Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law?
- What Is a Deficiency Judgment?
Standing to Sue and Negotiable Instruments
- What Does the 'Show Me The Note' Argument Really Mean?
- What Does 'Legal Standing To Sue' Really Mean?
Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- What is the Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Known as Setoff?
- What is Constructive Contract / Promissory Estoppel?
- What is the Foreclosure Defense Known as Rescission?
- Can I Still Defend Against Foreclosure if I Have Filed for Bankruptcy?
- Can Fighting Foreclosure Help You Obtain a Loan Modification?
- Is Foreclosure Litigation Effective in Dealing with Loss Mitigation?
- What Is the Right of Reinstatement?
- What Is the Right of Redemption?
- How Does Rescission Work as a Foreclosure Defense Strategy?
- How Does Setoff Work as a Foreclosure Defense?
- How Does an Objection to Confirmation of Sale Work?
- How Does the Right of Redemption Work as a Foreclosure Defense?
- Can I Get Rid of an Underwater Mortgage If I Don’t Qualify for Chapter 7?
Motion of Summary Judgement
- What Is a Motion for Summary Judgment?
- What Is an Example of a Motion for Summary Judgment?
- When Can a Sheriff's Sale Be Conducted?
The Special Right to Redeem
- What is the Legal Effect of the Special Right to Redeem?
- What is the Special Right to Redeem?
- What Powers Does the Bankruptcy Trustee Have?
- Is it True That in a Chapter 20 Bankruptcy the Consumer is Not Seeking a Discharge?
- What is the Difference Between Secured & Unsecured Debt?
Choosing the Right Chapter
Your Chapter 7 Discharge
- What Is the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharge?
- Can a Bad Faith Bankruptcy Filing Result in a Revocation of a Chapter 7 Discharge?
- Can I Keep My Home & Get Rid of Liability Using Chapter 7?
- What Is a Practical Example of A Consumer Who Is Able To Keep Their Home?
- If I Make a Good Income, Can I Still Benefit from Chapter 7?
- Why Do Some People Choose Chapter 13 Over Chapter 7?
What Are the Advantages of Filing a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
- What Percentage Would I Repay in a Chapter 13 Lien Strip?
- Can a Consumer Object To a Proof of Claim Filed by A Creditor?
Objecting To Proofs of Claim
The Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act
- What Is the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act?
- What Activities are Prohibited by the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act?
Learn to Record Phone Calls
- Is it Legal to Record Phone Calls from Creditors?
- How Do I Legally Record a Creditor Phone Call Under Illinois Law?
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act