Since 1998, Attorney Jim Haller has represented consumers facing financial complexities such as bankruptcy. Day in a day out, Attorney Haller puts his best foot forward to help his clients pursue happier and more comfortable living situations. In every case, he utilizes efficient strategies in order to obtain positive results for each client.
Due to his hard work and determination, he was chosen by his peers as a Leading Lawyer from 2013 to present. Furthermore, he was given an Honor Award by the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Illinois for his contributions as a member of the Local Rules Committee for the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of Illinois. Currently, Jim is licensed to practice law in Illinois, Missouri, the United States Supreme Court, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. Attorney Haller is a member of the Illinois Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, and the American Bankruptcy Institute
In 2004, Attorney Haller co-founded the Bankruptcy Association of Southern Illinois and served a term as its President and remains on its Board of Directors. In addition, Attorney Haller serves on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA). In 2015, he was elected to serve as the Vice President of NACBA.
He has served as a panelist for several organizations, including the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), NACBA, the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees (NACTT), the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Illinois Housing in Action, the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, and the Land of Lincoln Legal Services.
Carleton College - Northfield, Minnesota
Washington University School of Law - St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1993
- James J. Haller and Tara Twomey, Debt Collectors Should Not Get a Free Pass in Bankruptcy, XXXIV ABI Journal 11, 30-31, 71, November 2015.
- James J. Haller, Creativity Alive in Chapter 13 Plans after Espinosa, XXX ABI Journal 3, 40, 94, April 2011.
- James J. Haller, Rachel A. Hill, William A. Mueller, Chapter One: Getting a Consumer Bankruptcy Started in Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, 1-1 to 1-36 (IICLE, 2011).
- James J. Haller & William A. Mueller, The New Bankruptcy Law: A Consumer Lawyer’s Guide, 93 Ill.B.J. 9, 454-460 (2005).
- James J. Haller, What Till vs. SCS Credit Corp. Means for Your Chapter 13 Clients, 92 Ill.B.J. 9, 478-482 (2004).